Today’s competitive global marketplace demands that companies seek a location that will provide a qualified and available workforce. With many of the nation's most renowned universities and technical schools - several of them located less than an hours driving distance - businesses that are labor intensive, as well as those that require highly technical training, will attract the best that Georgia has to offer in Henry County.
One of Georgia Trend’s features this month was on the influence of the Technical College System of Georgia with their article stating, “Over the past 12 months, the TCSG and its 22 technical colleges kept their focus on increasing the state’s workforce by implementing initiatives to boost growth in high-demand industries”. Southern Crescent Technical College, who will be expanding their Henry County Center with the addition of new buildings in the future, has continued to offer the state-of-the-art training needed to succeed in today’s global market.
Georgia Trend’s article also stated, “Technical colleges across the state have customized training programs and partnerships with some of the state’s business and industry leaders.” One in particular, the Quick Start program, is Georgia’s internationally acclaimed workforce development program. It helps qualified companies maintain a competitive advantage by preparing workers for skill sets needed tomorrow as well as today.
In addition, to Southern Crescent Technical College, Henry County hosts a multitude of other higher education opportunities for lifelong learning! Here’s a list of Henry’s nearby colleges and universities:
- Mercer University’s Regional Academic Center in McDonough offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees from one of the nation’s top private colleges.
- DeVry University offers technical certificates as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees at its Henry County location.
- Clayton State University, an institution of the University System of Georgia, is located in neighboring Clayton County and is steadily expanding its offering of undergraduate programs of study in Henry County.
- Southern Crescent Technical College, whose main campus is located in neighboring Spalding County, is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia and offers a wide range of technical certificates, diplomas and associate's degrees. SCTC recently opened the first building of its satellite campus located in Henry County.
- The University of Phoenix, McDonough Learning Center in McDonough, Georgia offers on-campus and online undergraduate and graduate degree programs to students including programs in public administration, health care and information technology.
- Gordon State College, whose main campus is located in Barnesville, GA also has a Henry County presence with its McDonough Campus. Gordon State College is a residential college that offers four year degrees as well as fully transferable associate-level concentrations of study.
- Altanta Bible College students not only study the Bible, theology, and ministry in the classroom, but they also learn by doing. Students have opportunities to be involved in practical ministry on a daily basis.
Learn more about Henry’s workforce and training at www.ChooseHenry.com.