We’re questioning Punxsutawney Phil’s shadow, because spring has certainly arrived in Henry County. We’ve got the scoop on what to do this spring, so break out your calendars (and those pastels from your closet)!
- What says early spring in Georgia more than yellow pine pollen? Get ready for the 8th Annual Yellow Pollen Street Festival in Downtown Hampton on March 18th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Enjoy arts, crafts, yummy food, live music, and fun for the whole family!
- Benefit Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary by participating in the 7th Annual Zebra Dash on April 1st at 9 AM! Run through the pasture, trails and animal habitats for this unique 5K. There will also be a one-mile fun run for kids. Wear your best animal print!
- Hop on over to Tanger Outlets in Locust Grove to get your picture with the Easter Bunny! He’ll be around from April 1st through April 15th from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM, so go see him before he heads back down the rabbit hole.
- The Locust Grove Easter Egg Hunt will be April 8th at 10:00 AM at Claude Gray Park. This hunt it for age 2 years to 6th grade. They can even snap a photo with the Easter Bunny after the hunt!
- Peter Cottontail will be leaving lots of eggs hidden on the nature trails of Panola Mountain State Park on April 15th from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM for this Eggciting Hike Hunt. Ages 2 and less, 3-6, and 7-12 will have their own trails to search for eggs and prizes. You must register in advance by calling 770-389-7801. Don’t forget to bring your basket!
- Swing into Main Street McDonough on April 28th for “Fourth Friday” featuring putt-putt on the Square. This is a free event that your entire family will enjoy!
For more information and dates on fun things happening in Henry, visit the official Henry County Tourism website.