School’s out, and summer fun is on our mind! Here are a few things to keep you busy in Henry this summer! These fun, family-friendly activities will keep you cool, full, and entertained but they won’t break the bank…
- Splash Pad
- The Splash Pad in Hampton is open Memorial Day through Labor Day, 7 days a week. It is free for Hampton residents, $5 for Henry County residents, and $10 for anyone living outside of Henry County.
- Lunch at the Library
- Free meals will be provided to children ages 18 and younger, June 5 through July 31, 2017 at each public library in Henry this summer. They will also provide fun, free summer educational reading programs for all ages.
- Southern Belle Farm
- Weekends at Southern Belle Farm in McDonough are just $8.00 per person, and you can enjoy Belle’s Barn, Jumping Pillows, Cow Train, Pedal Cars, Hayride, Giant Tube Slide, Rubber Duck Races, SeeSaws, and more.
- Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary
- Noah’s Ark in Locust Grove is just as much fun for the adults as it is for the kids! The sanctuary is home to over 1,500 animals with over 100 species represented. Best of all – it’s free to visit! The exotic animal habitats are open Tuesday – Saturday from noon to 3:00pm and the nature center, playground and picnic area is open from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
- Panola Mountain
- Movies on the Square
- Stockbridge Tasty Tuesdays
- Bring your lawn chairs or blankets to Stockbridge's Tasty Tuesdays located at Clark Park and join in the fun! Every Tuesday from June 6 thru August 29 -- except July 4th, families can enjoy a variety of cuisines, music and activities for the children.
- Locust Grove Farmer's Market
- Stock up on veggies for the week at the City of Locust Grove's Train Viewing Platform every Saturday morning from 8:00 AM until 12 noon-rain or shine. The Market will begin on Saturday, June 3rd and run through Saturday, August 26th.
Have a fabulous summer, everyone!